UCO is crude coconut oil that has been obtained right from the expeller; unrefined, unfiltered and without any additives. Sometimes, it is also called the Pure Coconut Oil to mark its differences with the Refined Bleached Deodorized C. Oil, commonly called the Refined Coc. Oil. Virgin C. Oil, Organic C. Oil and the Organic Virgin Oil from coconuts can be unrefined too.
UCO is only one of several products made using coconuts. Many of these products make use of the coconut husk or the coconut meat. Others are based on using the liquid found in coconuts, sometimes referred to as coconut juice or milk, or even coconut water. The oil is actually extracted from the meat of the coconut although the milk may also be used as well in some processes.
There is no doubt that crude c. oil contains more nutrients than refined oils, there is some difference of opinion on just how much benefit is derived from using the unrefined oil versus other products, such as olive oil. While there is general agreement that this type of oil is usually a better option than using refined oil from coconuts, many people still believe that olive or peanut oil provide a superior taste and either match or exceed the health benefits of unrefined c. oil.
We know about Coconut oil benefits:
- It is a nutritional source
- Supports and strengthens immune system
- Has anti-bacterial and anti-viral qualities
- Is quick energy booster
- Is inflammation reducer
- Is stress manager
- Supports weight loss
- Helps in diabetes management and has many more benefits (skin, scalp, acne, hair…)
What are advantages of Unrefined Coconut Oil (UCO) over Refined Coconut Oil(RCO)?
- Bold taste and flavor: UUCO is tastier than the Refined Oil as it is neither bleach nor refine.
- Nutrients: It is more nutritious than the refined one, being least process and subjected to least heat. It is richer in proteins (this is almost absent in refined oil), vitamins and anti oxidants.
- Natural: It does not undergo any chemical processing, unlike Refined C. Oil which is treat with Sodium Hydroxide and bleach. So, it has that more natural touch.