In the past, hunting has always been seen as a man’s sport, as a male dominated society. These men pull on their Womens Camo Underwear, camouflage and boots and head out into the woods, where most remain from dusk until dawn. They’ve planted corn and clover in the back field. They find the perfect tree to lean against or the perfect one for their tree stand. They take off work the first day, and for the next two weeks you may barely see your man, except for on Sundays.
But, instead of grumbling and sitting at home by yourself, join him. Take your hunter’s safety course. Find an orange jacket. Borrow a gun from the man in your life; he’s sure to have an extra that you can use. This may be way out of your comfort zone, but hunting isn’t just about killing wild-life. There are so many other advantages to hunting.
1. You get to spend quality time with your father, boyfriend or husband. Time is precious, so spend it with the ones you love. And even though it may be cold, this will give you a good excuse to cuddle in close.
2. Hunting is relaxing. Unlike any other sport, hunting forces you to slow down, maybe rest your eyes, and truly unwind. For me, this is my time to pray and bask in God’s glorious creation.
3. It’s beautiful. If you’ve never sat and watched a sunrise or stopped to appreciate the little details in nature, you’re missing out. It’s absolutely amazing to hear the birds sing and watch the squirrels scurry across the trees.
4. Hunting teaches patience. We all need a little more of this character trait.
5. This is an accomplishment. Every hunter can’t help but look back to his/her first deer with a feeling of pride. This is a very rewarding sport, especially when you take into consideration that the actual meat tastes very good, it’s healthier and it can be cheaper.
So, in this upcoming hunting season, take a chance. Pull on the camo and head out to the woods!